While firecrackers, hot dogs and picnics are traditional 4th of July fare, there is something to be said about celebrating our nation’s Independence Day with a gift of flowers. Whether you can find a red, white and blue bouquet to bring as a hostess gift to the party you attend, there are many beautiful red and white flowers that will compliment the spirit of the day.
“In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
One of the best floral gifts for this holiday is the gorgeous Ruby is Her Name designer rose gift. Decorated with red deco wire, this centerpiece can be the highlight of any 4th of July picnic table. To make it more patriotic, just add some blue and white ribbons trailing from the red deco wire. The roses will last throughout the holiday and your hostess will be able to enjoy it for several days to come. Afterwards, the lovely vase can be reused for another holiday.
Fun Facts About July 4th
Did you know?
- That while Americans started observing the 4th of July in 1777, it wasn’t made official by Congress until 1879?
- July 4th is the biggest hot dog eating day of the year, Americans consume 155 million on this day annually
- The U.S. Census Bureau states that the “State of Independence” where the Declaration of Independence was signed is home to 11 places with the word “liberty” in their name and 33 with the word “union”.
If you need more hostess gift ideas for the 4th of July, consider the following:
- Beautiful in Blue, a lovely clear glass bowl with blue hyacinths,
- Build Me Up, a zen-style bouquet with white lilies, white dendrobium orchids that would make a great centerpiece,
- Or a very affordable Gerbera Grandeur, a modern presentation of the simple white daisy in a bed of angel vine, presented in an oblong clear glass vase.
- And you can never go wrong with the majestic Isle of White presentation, which features a variety of white and cream flowers in an expressive style.
Here’s hoping your Independence Day is full of sunshine, hot dogs, fireworks and flowers!