While you may at first thought associate flowers with spring and summer, they are actually a wonderful way to keep the beauty of the great outdoors in your home throughout the year. In autumn, one of the best ways to enjoy flowers and floral arrangements is as a centerpiece. However, there is more to using flowers as a centerpiece than just sticking a vase on the table.
Check out a few of these great centerpiece ideas and get ready to stun your visitors with your creative decorating ideas!
- Simple – In some cases, the simple approach is best. A simple bud in a vase can be just as big of a conversation starter as a fully-developed centerpiece. This is especially true if you are using a stunning bloom such as a sunflower.
- Big – Another option for centerpiece is to “go big.” If you are working with a particularly large table and have the space, a huge, well-designed tablescape is a lot of fun. This is a great option if you are looking for something to immediately draw eyes to the table and impress everyone who is lucky enough to see it.
- Low – When you’re planning for an intimate dinner party or a romantic dinner, one consideration is that you may want to keep the centerpiece low. By doing this, you’ll make it easier for dinner guests to talk and the centerpiece won’t get in the way!
- Individualize – A current trend in centerpiece art is having “individual” bud vases or other small holders each offering a small, symbolic flower. They are displayed together as a centerpiece, but guests can take their own flower home with them.
- Unique – If you’re having a theme party or other gathering, maybe a more unique centerpiece is in order. Using a cornucopia for Thanksgiving or a pumpkin for Halloween is a great way to show your unique way of thinking about decorating for your event. Flowers can work well with these displays, especially when chosen to include fall colors.
- Accent – Flowers don’t always have to be the focus of a centerpiece, they can be a small accent as well. Utilizing the idea above, a full cornucopia that is just dotted with a flower or two as an accent is very moving and attractive.
No matter how you choose to use flowers in your centerpiece, the most important thing is to choose flowers that are beautiful and of the highest quality available. Eastern Floral offers a wide range of flowers that you can customize to your particular centerpiece needs. Call or contact us today and get ready to impress dinner guests or just your family at your next meal.